Tuesday, April 21, 2009

From "The Shack"

been re-reading this lately. This paragraph got me. It is "God" talking to Mack. Mack is on the verge of tears and fighting the emotion.

" 'It's okay honey, you can let it all out....I know you've been hurt, and I know you're angry and confused. So, go ahead and let it out. It does a soul good to let the waters run once in a while - the healing waters.'

But while Mack could not stop the tears from filling his eyes, he was not ready to let go - not yet, not with this woman. With every effort he could muster, he kept himself from falling back into the black hole of his emotions. Meanwhile, this woman stood there with her arms outstretched as if they were the very arms of his mother. He felt the presence of love. It was warm, inviting, melting.

'Not ready?' she responded. 'That's okay, we'll do things on your terms and time.' " pg. 83


I am really not sure what else to say right now. Except that I think I can relate...

No comments: