Thursday, April 10, 2008

a bit of a sad reality thrown at me today

I was talking on the phone with my mom the other day. She mentioned how she was in need of a job. She said she really can't get anything because she is not educated and has no other training. OUCH!
That is when it kind of hit me. I have no post secondary education. I would really like to get my Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST) certificate. It will cost about $300 but at least it could make me money. I could work somewhere. But it got me thinking, oh crap....what am I going to do.
I am a SAHM (stay at home mom) and I LOVE it. I look forward to being there for my kid and their plays, field trips, etc. But what happens when my kid(s) are out of school and we are on our own. Empty nest. What kind of job could I get?
A little dose of reality for me. Still though I don't want to change being a SAHM. Plus I am comfortable in the fact that right now I am right where God wants me to be. Right where He needs me and thinks I am best suited for. I have a LONG time before I really have to worry or anything but it was just a bit of a check for me. Guess it will just have to be something God shows me when the time comes.....

1 comment:

Sue said...

Many women go back to school when their kids are older. When the time comes you will know what to do.