Friday, June 02, 2006

Schedules

If you know me you know how much I personally thrive on a schedule and routines. So trying to develop one for a new born is something that I feel is a necessity. I think I just may be nuts though!
He has a bedtime routine. He has a bath, a book, gets fed then goes to bed. We call it the 4 B's. You figure it out! He has thrived on the routine. I have been wanting to set a daytime one too.
Being a newborn he makes sure I am on my toes.
Cooper is a very good baby. He sleeps well and we are VERY, VERY fortunate. We thank God all the time. So don't get me wrong with what I am about to say.
Tonight Cooper has decided to throw us for a loop. He is fussy tonight. Of course I start with beating myself up worrying what I ate may have done something. But that is a vicious cycle I really don't like going through. I think he is just being a baby. Wanting some cuddles but I don't want him used to falling asleep by cuddling with someone. But he is a newborn and he just wants to be held.
Tonight I am racking my brain. What did I do wrong? What did I eat wrong? Time to quit beating myself up and just realize that Cooper is just being a baby. He is uncomfortable and needs the attention. It is one night. He sleeps well and we are fortunate.
Don't get me wrong. I know how fortunate we are. It is just a moment and we take it as it comes. I just wish I knew what I could do for him. Sometimes I just feel so helpless. He is setting me to his schedule. Sometimes it sucks to be so persistent on order. sigh...
What a good baby. Mommy just needs to learn to relax.

No comments: