Wednesday, March 19, 2008

we're home!!

from the hospital after 2 nights there and being admitted Monday evening.

There is so much to say......

what an ordeal. So be prepared this will get long.
By 3pm on Monday Cooper had thrown up 6 times and was not holding down ANYTHING. So I took him to the doctor's. Went to a walk in clinic cause I was worried about dehydration. So while at the office he threw up 2 more times. That was 8 times in 11.5 hours. The doc looked at him and said that he wanted us to head to the ER cause he was dehydrated. He called the Pediatrician and she was supposed to meet us there.

So his gives us all the paper work and we head to the hospital. We sign him in then sit down. Remember when the kids were newborns and how floppy they were? This was Cooper. So in walks the ped she smiled at me and said, I will be right back to get you guys. So she came back with our paper work and took us in immediately. She checked him out and did confirm that he was indeed dehydrated and what made her the most nervous was how unresponsive and lethargic he was. So she admitted us. They came to give him an IV. THAT WAS HEEEELLLLLLL!!!! I literally had to lay ON TOP of him to keep him still as they fished in the left hand for a vein. The vein didn't work so we had to do it again in the other hand. The hardest part was seeing our sons blood on the floor from the IV. It wasn't much but it was still enough to make both Phil and I sick. So I am laying on him keeping him still and he is SCREAMING people are walking by and I finally snapped, can SOMEONE close those curtains!!!

So once the IV was in he TOTALLY wiped out. Couldn't wake him for the life of us. He was conked right out. THen the nurse came from upstairs and took us up to peds. I put him in the bed. No movement. Lots of cuddles with mommy this week. I loved it and it really made me feel like I was all he wanted. Cause I was. The ped came back in Yesterday morning and checked him out and we started giving him fluids. She said that they would lower the IV amount and then go from there. So my poor mom was holding him and he coughed. I spun to grab the bucket cause I knew the sound by now! And I missed it. He threw up all over her. I felt so bad. So needless to say we were not going anywhere.

He was good all night last night and held down lots of fluids and 1/2 of a popsicle. (sp?) So we were sent home. He is now sitting on the couch with a HUGE smile on his face watching Cars.

I think I am closer to understanding how parents have to deal with being with a sick child. It was impossible to get sleep with the buzzers going off. The nurses coming and going doing their thing and the other kids crying. I stayed the whole time at the hospital. They had a cot for me. I almost broke down a couple times but had to put up the front and be strong for Cooper. I am sure that it will hit soon but for right now we are glad to be home.

If you read this far, thank you. HUGS

6 comments:

Giftie Etcetera said...

I'm so glad y'all are home. I've been watching PW all day to find out.

Nikkaru said...

glad to hear he is doing better now
hope you all get some well needed rest from the sounds of it too

Radlife said...

wow I remember those early days of parenthood. The teriffying nights and all that. Well thank God cooper and parents are doing alright.
God Bless you all
Radlife

Radlife said...

wow I remember those early days of parenthood. The teriffying nights and all that. Well thank God cooper and parents are doing alright.
God Bless you all
Radlife

Radlife said...

Why does this page often publish my comments twice

Michelle said...

So sad to hear your guys are back at the hospital!

I'm praying!

Love you guys!