Thursday, June 26, 2008

test of will!!

I forgot to post this last Friday.



mommy one Cooper nothing!! LOL!!

Tonight's dinner took about 45 minutes. He refused to eat. I refused to make something different just for him. He wanted to play. So the battle began. I totally kept my cool the whole time. I told him that if he didn't eat he would be going to the corner. He refused. So to the corner he went. He stayed there until he was ready to eat. He spent like 5 - 10 minutes in the corner. I asked him if he was ready to eat and he said "no, play" so I said "ok then you stay in that corner until you are ready to eat. Then walked away as he yelled "EAT!!" So we started another round. Him sitting there pouting. Refusing to eat and playing. So a long time went by and I said, "Ok Cooper come with me. Time to go sit in the corner again until you are ready to eat" He was MAD. But we went. Then repeated above. He finally ate!!! Half of his little serving of dinner. But I was satisfied.

I know some may disagree with it but I am very proud of myself, I stuck to my guns and my rules. It was a test of will. Which person was gonna cave. I usually get angry and frustrated at things and I remained calm the WHOLE TIME!! But I tell you it was exhausting!!! whew......



ETA: when he ate the rice and stuff I kissed him on the top of the head and asked him to look at my eyes. I looked at him and said "mommy is really proud of you. Thank you. You are a good boy." Then he looks at me and says, "I forry mom" awwwwww

2 comments:

Nikkaru said...

that's awesome
i can't speak from experience, but from talkign with people the biggest problem and the hardest is follow through
so when you say he is going to sit there til he is ready to eat, he learns that you are serious and he can't get away with it
good job i'm proud of you!
now if only i can actually do that when i have kids lol!

Anonymous said...

You did awesome! I wish you could teach other parents not to cave in. Then they wonder why their kids end up walking all over them later on.
I can only imagine how hard it is but keep it up!