Friday, July 25, 2008

More from The Shack -pg.91

"You must know," he offered, "calling you Papa is a bit of a stretch for me."

"Oh really?" She looked at him in mock surprise. "Of course I know. I always know." She chuckled. "but tell me, why do you think it's hard for you? Is it because it's too familiar for you, or maybe because I am showing myself as a woman, a mother, or...."

"No small issue there," Mack interrupted with an awkward chuckle.

"Or, maybe it's because of the failures of your own papa?"


The main character's wife calls God Papa cause it makes her feel the close intimate bond with Him. I find it hard to call Him Dad, Papa, Father anything. Mine have all let me down. Who says God won't....
Also God appears to this man as a tall black woman.


another one: Page 185

"Mack, just because I work incredible good out of unspeakable tragedies doesn't mean I orchestrate the tragedies. Don't ever assume that my using something mean I caused it or that I need it to accomplish my purposes. That will only lead you to false notions about me. Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grave in many facets and colors."

No comments: