Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Shack by William P. Young

I have just started to read this book. I was always afraid of it cause I have heard that it can pull you deep and bring out emotions. I didn't want to read it but then when it was suggested to me ONCE AGAIN I decided to pick it up.
I am going to share something from page 114. It rings VERY true for me. Like the author is reading my mind. There will be another entry later on as I am sure there will be many other entries. I found something further on in the book as well but this one is one I want to share right now. At this moment.

"Jesus?" he whispered as his voice choked. "I feel so lost"

A hand reached out and squeezed his, and didn't let go. "I know, Mack. But it's not true. I am with you and I'm not lost. I'm sorry it feels that way, but hear me clearly. You are not lost."

I hope you're right," Mach said, his tension lessened by the words of his newfound friend. "


That really hit home for me. It is like I could have written those words that Mack said. I hope that what "Jesus" said there is right too. To actually NOT be alone and not feel so lost would be nice. To picture that God may be saying to me, "I am sorry it feels that way..." makes me feel that maybe He really does hear me. That maybe I don't know how to turn on my listening ears to Him.
The book is hard for me to read. I take it chapter by chapter, resting in between to "think". But a change needs to happen. I NEED to feel God. I NEED to feel loved, accepted and safe. I NEED it. I NEED GOD.....

No comments: