Saturday, September 20, 2008

A pillar......me !!???

a friend told me this past week that I am a pillar at church.

I said, what do you mean?

She proceeded to tell me that both Phil and I are always there. Every Sunday (not EVERY Sunday) and we are always making ourselves useful. We show up to events and such as well too.

It is funny because I never thought that someone would think that made us a pillar. However, she said it did. Made me think about it. Made me realize that we are indeed a main part of church.

I have another friend asking me to try their church on a Sunday and I keep telling her that I really can't. I have made obligations to my church as has Phil. I am proud to be a part of New Heights. I am proud to serve. I am proud of our family and community.

Never thought of myself as a pillar. Wonder if that is how God feels? It was neat to hear though.

No comments: