Monday, January 19, 2009

James 4:8

"Come near to God and he will come near to you."


I sat here trying to think of some amazing words to say in regards to this verse but in actuality I think it speaks for itself.
The further we step away from God the further He feels from us but as soon as we start drawing near to Him he pulls closer to us. He pulls us in. I can just picture Him like a parent with their arms outstretched waiting for us to run into them. Once we get near to Him He is closer to us and His smile broadens. He grins ear to ear and whispers with gladness, I am here. I am so glad you came to me child.
You have to do the work as well. You have to go near Him in order to feel him come nearer to you. But the thing is, I think He is just waiting. Waiting with open arms. Nonjudgmental and full of Grace.
God is good.

No comments: