Friday, January 13, 2006

The Battle

Closing my eyes I am lost
in a world of battle.
All around me the arrows
fly past my head and start
to bounce off the ground
in front of me, to
my left, my right and behind me.
I cower, afraid of what
move to make next.
Then I feel a hand in my
own and look to see
a shield being placed upon
my shaky arm.
Then my eyes drift upward as I feel
a helmet placed every so gently on my head
while arms around my waist place the breastplate
around my chest and fashioned with the belt.
Then placing a sword in my hand.
I look beside me and I
am no longer alone.
I have strength, love, wisdom
and compassion helping me
to take a stand that I need to.
The arrows continue to fly
but I am protected now
and forever with the help
of this unfailing armor.
Battle makes me weak but I
can now see that I am not alone.

2 comments:

Sue said...

i keep coming back to this poem, it encourages me. thank you for sharing it with us.

so i go said...

i'm with sue..

it's beautiful. thank you.