Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Today's Prayer

It is really amazing to me how real, how reliable and how awesome God is. Stressing and struggling a bit this morning. Trying so, so very hard to trust and to have faith in God. There is no point in my worrying, it will get me nowhere fast. Got this prayer out of my devotional today. Couldn't help but read it over and then say it out loud. He really does know my heart and as always, has the perfect timing. I am really honestly working on the who faith and trust thing and I am so glad that He is still there while I struggle to pull me through.
Thank you Lord.

"...Stop telling God how big your storm is, instead, start telling your storm how big your God is!
God, I know I'm guilty of thinking about a problem and feeling stress over it...when I should just "give it to you" and not let it bother me. You are my awesome and Almighty God who can calm the storm. I can only do so much, but You can do anything. Lord, please give me victory over the worries of living. I pray that from now on, I'll do the things I can and should do, then leave the rest up to You without stuffing worry in the back of my mind and letting it simmer and cause stress. Thank You for this wonderful reminder today. I love You. You know what I'm facing. You know my heart's desires, my needs, my concerns. I ask You to take it all into Your all-powerful hands, and work it all out to my good, my family's good, and to Your glory. In Jesus' precious name, the One who gave it all to save my soul, I pray. Amen."

Amen.

No comments: