Friday, January 20, 2006

Jesus take the Wheel

(First of all let me start off saying I am not sure if someone had already written about this in their blog or has talked about it but this is really something that I just can't stop thinking of this morning.)


Jesus Take The Wheel. Four simple words. Four words that can change your life and where you are headed.
Heard a song this morning that has totally sent my wheels spinning. The title of that song is those four simple words. How many times have I said those words? Yet I say them but still cling to the wheel white knuckled refusing to let go. Crying out to Him but not seeing Him take the wheel. I realized that in order for Him to take it over for me then I have to let go. I have to drop the need to control the situation. I have to trust Him completely and fully - 100%. After all He is the one that can get me out of any situation. As I peel my fingers away from the wheel that I claim to have so much control over I feel His gentle hands guiding and taking over.

A lot lately I have been uttering words along those lines. I can't do this on my own, help me.
I am tired of it, You take it.
You take this from my hands and guide me back to the safety of Your arms.

Yet all the while still fighting. This time I let go. I can tell you that it is such a freeing, relaxing feeling knowing that I have trusted Him in this area of my life and that He will guide me to where I can stop. Not trying to worry about it I would shrug my shoulders and tell myself, God will do His will. I can't do anything to change it so why bother fighting it?

Has anyone out there been like me? Let go of that wheel of life only to try and grab it again. By the time I throw my hands back on it I see that His are already there. Pulling away my white knuckled fingers and just trusting Him and having the Faith I need to have in Him. I think that I am slowly learning to sit back and let Him take control. My control is only an earthly one that I think I have the power to manage. Where as His is such a higher spiritual control that not even myself can hope to achieve.
I am letting go of this wheel. I am asking You, Jesus, to take control. Take this wheel from my grasp and gently guide me. Bring me to the safety that you already see. That is it. I am done. I throw my hands in the air and ask you Lord, PLEASE, "Take the wheel."

This all came from the song I heard this morning. Yes it is country but bear with me. The message is unbelievable. I just can't shake it this morning. How much I needed to be reminded of this. How much I needed to be reminded of who was really in control. How much I have needed to just let go and quit being so darn stubborn. My wheels are going faster then I can handle. Time to slow down.


Jesus take the wheel
-Carrie Underwood


She was driving last Friday on her way to Cincinnati
On a snow white Christmas Eve
Goin' home to see her Mama & her Daddy with the baby in the backseat
Fifty miles to go and she was running low on faith and gasoline
It'd been a long hard year
She had a lot on her mind and she didn't pay attention
She was going way to fast
Before she knew it she was spinning on a thin black sheet of glass
She saw both their lives flash before her eyes
She didn't even have time to cry
She was so scared
She threw her hands up in the air

[Chorus:]
Jesus, take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus, take the wheel

It was still getting colder when she made it to the shoulder
And the car came to a stop
She cried when she saw that baby in the backseat sleeping like a rock
And for the first time in a long time
She bowed her head to pray
She said I'm sorry for the way
I've been living my life
I know I've got to change
So for now on tonight

[Chorus:]
Jesus, take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on

Oh, Jesus, take the wheel___
Oh, I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
Save me from this road I'm on
From this road I'm on
Jesus, take the wheel
Oh, take it, take it from me
Oh, why, oh

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Sit back, take it easy, calm yourself, focus on the husband who loves you and would do anything for you, for the child that God has blessed you with that is growing inside of you, for the condo that you live in, for the car you drive, and focus mostly on the God who loves you so much that He has given you all these riches. Makes taking your hands off the wheel a whole lot easier. He has not let you down. He has blessed you! Try to stop looking at the negative and start looking at the positive (I'm still learning this but it's working and it's made such a HUGE difference in my life). He loves you Misty and will not leave you. Worrying isn't good for anyone.

Radlife said...

Yhat has got to be one of the hardest things to do in christianity. It seems like when things are going good it's okay for Him to Take the Whell. But When the chips are down I always take it back.
More faith I guess
More of Him and less of me.
God Bless
Radlife

Radlife said...

Oh yes,
Thank you for your prayers. It helped alot and I hope that I can offer a few up for you too.
God Bless
Radlife.