Tuesday, January 03, 2006

"Count your many blessings...

...Name them one by one. And it will surprise you what the Lord has done."

Been thinking about this a little the past while. Actually a lot. Today needing to be one of those moments when it just needs to be written out. When I stop to think about all the blessings God has given me I am in awe. Sometimes I can't even think about them with fear that I would miss a couple. I am sure that I will.
I am so thankful and grateful for all that God has blessed us with. Even more thankful that I have seen it and can acknowledge it. I would like to share some of it with everyone.

My Blessings and things I am grateful for.

God - His wonderful grace and mercy. His love that He pours out to me and His support through all the times I fall on Him. His ever presence.

Phil - A blessing from God that has helped to make my life full. A man that always does his best for us. Works hard and is supportive in all I do. Loves me always.

Our Baby - What better gift could I ask for? Just that God has decided to bless us with a child is an amazement in itself.

Family - Helps through the tough spots. Loves with open arms.

Friends - Supportive. Those that lend ears when we need it and hold up our hands when we feel that we can't go on. They understand what we go through. Love us no matter what.

A Home - a roof over our heads that keeps us dry. A place filled with love and hope for the future.

Food - being able to put food on the table. Never going hungry.

Walks - taking a walk with those I love. Just enjoying one another's company and the beauty of God's work.

Church - a place where I can grow In God and worship Him with arms wide open. The community that I love to be around. My favorite days are Sunday's (Tuesdays also with bible study).

I do realize that there are things that I haven't written out. Some things that may have slipped my mind at this particular moment. It started out as a list. Started with numbers but quickly changed to deleting those numbers. Yes in my heart there may be an order but at the same time I just don't think there is enough ways to convey it all with just a simple number.
I am so grateful. The blessings that God has given us. The way that He provides. The love He has for me, one of His children, that will never fade. Today is definitely a day of reflection for me. Or maybe it is just a matter of the fact that I have made the time to sit and write it out.

Lord, you have blessed us in these times and I am so grateful. More then any of my words can express. The hard times will pass and I know that it will be because of you that I can get through them. I thank you for that Father. Thank you for all Your blessings. You continue to surprise me and blow me away. Still makes me feel giddy inside. I love You and thank You. You are amazing.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I've been thinking a lot about blessings as well lately. It helps to look at the good things going on in your life to keep you from focusing on the struggles. Thanks for sharing, love you.

Erin said...

its hard to stop thinking about how you've been let down to think about something you've been blessed with, but once you start theres no way you can end the list. Thanks for yours, and a reminder to be grateful.