Saturday, February 11, 2006

Find me in the River

Every time I hear the song "Find me in the River" by Delirious I find myself being pulled to my knees. Before I even realize it I am dropping to the ground in pure worship of Him.
There's a part of me that is attracted to the river. Wasn't until a friend had pointed that out to me that I thought that God was using this to bring me closer to Him. That this was yet another one of His ways in which He was romancing me and pulling me into Him completely.
Something about just picturing the river and sitting in it on my knees that almost makes me want to cry. I can sit forever by a river. The calm. The roar of the water crashing over rock after rock. The sun bouncing off the rocks underneath the surface creating new and unique designs. The birds dipping their wings into the water as they gracefully skim over the ripples.
Like a little voice is whispering my name in my ears. A part of me feels like He has created this just for me. A part of me grows warm. Feels safe. Secure. Loved.
The river pulled me to it during some really hard times. Some emotional times. Lonely times. Scared times. Confused times.
There are times when walking over rocks I have wanted to just stop. To step into that water, no matter how cold. To raise my hands in praise to my Father. To drop to my knees and feel the water surround me. What is stopping me you may ask. Worried about looking like some crazy person. Who might see me. What might they think. Then the thought that God would see me. He would smile and embrace me. Maybe one day I will be able to overcome my fear of someone thinking I am weird and maybe, just maybe I will do it. Part of me is afraid of the emotion that might come with it. Will I sob uncontrollably? Will I smile and look up to the Heavens? Only God knows and part of me is going to one day know what that feels like. What it feels like to physically stop and drop to my knees in the river. With my soul bared out to Him. Just to think of Him and how for some reason this is what He has chosen for me to experience. One day on my knees, no matter how dry the river bed He will find me there. Maybe I need to find myself there.


Find Me In The River
-Delirious

Find me in the River
Find me on my knees
I've walked against the water
Now I'm waiting if you please
We've longed to see the roses
But never felt the thorns
And bought our pretty crowns
But never paid the price

Find me in the River
Find me there
Find me on my knees with my soul laid bare
Even though you're gone
And I'm cracked and dry
Find me in the River
I'm waiting here

Find me in the River
Find me on my knees
I've walked against the water
Now I'm waiting if you please
We didn't count on suffering
We didn't count on pain
But if there are blessings in the valley
Then in the River I will wait

Find me in the River
Find me there
Find me on my knees with my soul laid bare
Even though you're gone
And I'm cracked and dry
Find me in the River
I'm waiting here

Find me in the river
Find me there
Find me on my knees with my soul laid bare
Even though you're gone
And I'm cracked and dry
Find me in the river
I'm waiting here for you

Come find me here...

Find me in the River...

Find me here for you...

Oh wash over me...

Find me here

1 comment:

shari said...

beautiful!