Thursday, February 23, 2006

Fragility of life

So, I have been hesitant on what to write in the last few days. Wanting to write about my baby but in light of what Michelle is going through I find myself struggling with it. Although I do not understand the full complexity of her situation my heart breaks for her. The tears fall and I cry out to God. I am hanging on to the hope that everything is ok and that the little heart beat of their baby is just so faint that a mistake happened and the ultrasound techinician just missed it.
I am not reaching for sympathy at all. I don't even understand the meaning or the feelings that I am having towards all of this. I just ask that we keep the family in our prayers. If we can move mountains in Jesus' name we can ask for that heartbeat, can't we?
I am very hesitant on posting cause this is a sensitive thing for Michelle. Which is TOTALLY understandable. I know some of you may be thinking, it is a free world post what you want. That just isn't the first thing that comes to my head or heart.
With all that is going on I just get this reality of how fragile life really is. It makes me stop in my tracks and think about the wonders and the workings of God. Then I kinda get confused and just pray. I have been praying a lot.
I want to talk about my baby but don't want to hurt feelings. So please understand that it is not my intention.

My baby is getting more and more active. It amazes me, the fact that it is a little person inside of me. The alien like movements that make me groan because they hurt. I feel like he is pushing out of my stomach. Like, "Ok mom I am here. Don't forget me." I can't believe that there is only 7 weeks left. With everything that is going on I feel myself more and more anxious to feel him move. More and more scared that we are not ready. But who is ever totally ready to bring a new, helpless little baby into the world?
At least the room is done. I was watching a show on TLC called "Bringing Home Baby." The couples' baby was born 3 weeks early and thus they were not ready at all for the baby. Nothing was set up or anything. Maybe then it is a good thing that I am so anal and have to have so many things done.
Life is so fragile and it scares me. It scares me that I am going to be responsible for the upbringing of a new life. Then I think, well God obviously has the confidence in me so maybe I need to just believe in myself.

I want to end this thought with a request for prayer. Please keep praying for Michelle and Rod. For their baby. I have a feeling that the baby was just hiding. I pray that I am right. I hope that by talking about my baby it doesn't make me come across as insensitive cause really I am not. I ask for the health of my baby and the health of Michelle's.

Lord, we lift Michelle and Rod to You. We lift the family to You and in Your name we ask for that little heartbeat to be heard. We ask You to hold the family in this time of pain and hear our cries to You. You can make miracles happen and we are praying for one now.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Praying in agreement...