Thursday, February 16, 2006

Lots of stuff...just chatting

Lets try this again. Just lost it all a second ago.

As I am approaching the eight weeks remaining mark (yahoo) I find I am still in shock of the changes. Just this morning I bent over to reach for my glass of milk and realized that the belly got in the way sooner then usual. I swear he must have had a growth spurt over night. Phil says that I make funny noises when I bend over or reach to do my shoes up. I guess I do.
I find it funny the reactions you get and how excited people become seeing a pregnant person. The "when are you due". The eyes light up. "Is this your first." It is fun. I have been going to visit a friend at the hospital and yesterday as I got into the elevator the nurse looked at me and said, "are you sure that you want this elevator? The one up to maternity is just around the corner." I just chuckled and said "yep." I ask that we can continue to pray for Liz and her recovery though.
I have been painting a design on the wall in the baby's room. I have never really painted before. Not a room, let alone a design. I am not a professional and I struggle with the way it is looking. It doesn't look perfect or exactly the way I want it to. I am a perfectionist. I am trying to do this to the best of my ability. I can post pictures when I am done with it but only if you promise not to laugh at it too hard. Sometimes I start to feel a little overwhelmed and wonder what the heck I am getting myself into. Then he gives me a little kick and reminds me that I am doing it for him. Out of love. I just hope that he likes it. The thing that bugs me is that we don't own this place so one day I will have to leave it. I will cross that bridge though when I get there.
Of course with the day getting closer I am worrying about getting things completed. I wonder how we are going to afford this and that. Then this morning I layed in bed and just talked it out with God. Told Him that I am going to totally trust Him. That I need to. That it is in His hands. Layed there a while feeling His warm light washing over me and I knew, deep down in my heart, that everything will work out. He sure amazes me.
So, I guess I should get on with my day. I have more painting to do. My shoulder is getting sore! hehehe. But this little boy is worth it. I love him so much now. It amazes me that I will love him even more when he gets here. Anyway...enough of my rambling.....

No comments: