Saturday, February 18, 2006

Why the heck can't I see it?

I know that we all have our storms. Our valleys. Our places that God just needs us to be. I know that He has a good reason for us to be where we are but why the heck can't I see it?
I may be in the middle of this storm, I may be just beginning but I hope that it is at the end soon. In my heart I know that God has a reason why this is all happening now. A reason that will bring us closer to Him and I know that I need to trust Him but there is really part of me that just wants to yell and scream. I just wish that I could somehow see what He is seeing for me. What do you see in our future Father? Why must we feel this pain and this struggle? Are we being taught a lesson?
As I tend to, I worry about things. I think oh well when this and that happens then we will be just fine. But damn it when is it going to happen!? Why must I feel the stress level rise? How high until too high?
I know, I know; trust God. I would say that I do but this is obviously showing that part of me doesn't. Part of me just pulls my hair out and makes me want to just run away.
This could just all be building me character right? I sigh to that. Do I really need to build this much character? I need to turn to God and I try. I beg. I pray. I too, do believe in prayer. I say the same prayer over and over. I think about all the prayers He has answered in my life but tend to get stuck back to the but why not this one? I know that it isn't a matter of it not being answered but just the fact of the matter that it isn't the timing I am looking for. It will be answered in God's timing. Not mine. It just frustrates me.
We all seem to be going through some struggles and storms. There seems to be so many of them going on right now and I know that I am not the only one. Part of me then feels like I am selfish if I ask for prayer for situations. Other people need prayer too, not just me. I am not the only one having this happen but I just feel stuck.
In my heart I believe but I fight it on the outside. It reminds me of a verse in the bible where a "boy's father exclaimed, 'I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!'" Mk. 9:24 So here I stand yelling it inside my soul as loud as I can. Forgive me for my unbelief Lord and help me to overcome it. Then again I want to feel that difference immediately.
I am thankful for my life. No matter what. I have an awesome husband, a baby on the way, a roof over my head and food in my belly. A God that won't leave me stranded no matter how I feel like I already have been. Family and friends that support us in more ways then just one.
He has a plan for us. He knows why this is happening now. I just wish I could see what He sees. That I could get a little glimpse of it. Why the heck can't I just see what He sees? I guess part of it is because I have created myself to be blind but I really want these blinders gone.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Never hesitate to ask for prayer. There are never to many prayers!!

Praying for you, love you!!

Radlife said...

Even if your prayers seem to be bouncing off the ceiling just keep it up.
Recently I was lying down listening to some gospel music and I prayer to God that I was completely empty.
The I started to feel a little better.
God Bless
Radlife

Sue said...

52 days left, oh my!