Thursday, December 18, 2008

Choosing to not worry

As everything in life, worrying is a choice we make. We can choose to worry or we can choose to just sit back in God's love and trust Him.

I can't say that I trust Him without question. I trust Him but WITH question. Yet when I sit here and type it out I just feel like that isn't right. That really isn't how I feel.

I trust God. I have to trust God because He can do a better job at this life then I can. Yet I have so many questions. They are getting less here and there as I start to understand a bit more each day.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Phil. 4:6

I find that lately when I start to get frazzled, when I start to worry and panic, when I start to see the negative and lose site of the positive I lean on God. I will stop, sometimes it takes longer then others, but I will stop. I will beg God to take it away from me. I will say, "away from me, Satan!" Matt. 4:10 or I will think and say "Get behind me, Satan!" Matt. 16:23

It is getting easier to tell Satan to bug off. To get a life and to leave mine alone. It amazes me at how hard he keeps trying, no matter how many times you tell him to frig off. He will keep coming at you from every side, attacking at every angle. Yet God tells us not to worry. That just by praying to God, by living in His truth, reading His Word we can have the tools to battle the enemy. We can choose not to worry because of God's Grace.

"thank you Lord for Your amazing grace. Thank you for Your Son. Thank you that I am not worthy yet You stoop to me. You lift me out of my sorrow, my self pity, my pain and my worry. You tell me that You love me and You have me in your arms. That I don't need to worry because You are with me."

"I care more about you baby then the birds of the air. I take care of them and I will take care of you. I love you because you are my child. I always have."

"that amazes me God. That you gave your Son to us. That by your grace we can choose to not worry. Wow."

***I just picture Him smiling***


I am going to try to make it a conscious decision, every day, to not worry. He has me covered. He cares about me more then He cares about the birds, and the flowers. He loves all His creation. That is me. That is YOU. Pretty dang cool hey?

1 comment:

Sue said...

I'm smiling too. It's wonderful to see that you are growing in your faith.