Friday, December 05, 2008

How DOES He do that!

you know what? No matter what it is God STILL continues to amaze me.

I had written about how I worry I lost site of God. A friend of mine told me that He was still there. Then I told my friend about a dream I had last night and they said that maybe I was too busy to still myself and listen for God during the day. That I don't take that time so He comes to me at night through my dreams!

hmmm......

So anyway.....

I was telling a friend about a dream I had last night. I was asked to give my testimony, which is odd in the first place because I never really thought I had a "testimony" worth giving. Know what I mean. So anyway, in the dream it turned into a question and answer period about the bible. Someone in my dream asked me if "Greetings, I come to you in peace and with open arms" was one of the five fruits of the spirit. Now in my dream I figured no but wouldn't say anything for fear of being ridiculed. I let that fear stop me a lot. Anyway in the dream our pastors wife looked at me and told me to answer the question. I looked around the room and someone smiled and nodded at me to continue. So I told them no. Then the pastors wife said I was right.

When I woke up I asked Phil what the fruits of the spirit were. He said "I don't know, cantelope?" I am sure he knew but what a question to wake up to. So it got me to thinking. I looked up in my concordance. To my surprise I found fruit and spirit in the same sentence.
There it was. Staring me in the face. "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control." Gal 5:22-23

Yeah my jaw dropped. I shared with Phil and he said, maybe God needs you to work on some of the fruits. I agree. Definatly the one of self control and patience. LOL! So anyway I was sharing with said friend and emailing about the dream. I wasn't even into my devotions yet. So then I finished emailing then got to the devotions. You would NEVER guess what the devotion was today! That's right.....it was on the fruits of the spirit. Geee.....You trying to tell me something God!!!

This is a part of the devotional:
"The question is: How do we develop these character qualities? Obviously, God doesn’t just zap us one day and suddenly these qualities materialize in our lives. He uses a process that involves a partnership with us and also the time to grow.

It requires partnership. The apostle Paul describes this partnership in Philippians 2:12-13 (NIV), where he says “continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,” but then he also says, “for it is God who works in you ….”

It’s important to note that Paul doesn’t say, “Work for your salvation.” The Bible clearly teaches we don’t have to work for our salvation. It is a free gift of God’s grace.

It requires time. It takes time for fruit to ripen, and in the same way, there’s no such thing as instant spiritual maturity. When you try to rush fruit, it doesn’t taste as good. If you’ve ever eaten tomatoes that have been artificially ripened to speed up the process, then you know there’s no comparing them to the wonderful taste of naturally, vine-ripened tomatoes. It takes time for fruit to ripen, and it takes time for spiritual fruit to ripen in your life.

You can begin by telling God right now that you want to be a productive, fruitful disciple, one who cooperates with his plan."


So yeah...There it is. Coming to me time and time again in ONE morning. I can tell you that I was trembling. Not out of fear but out of excitment. That He was using me, that He was talking to me. That I was hearing it!

God you totally and absolutely amaze me!

"when your heart is open to me child you will hear me more. You will know and understand what I am trying to tell you, how I am trying to guide you."

but I am not worthy. I am not smart.

"I think you are baby. I think you are and that is all that matters."

I just LOVE how God works. It makes me want to dance on top of the mountain. It makes me want to sing!!

"Where the spirit of the Lord is,
there is freedom.
Where the spirit of the Lord is,
there is freedom."

Free me Lord. Fill me with your spirit. I guess I said bring it on and you are! Thank you that I am receptive and willing to hear You.

"No thank you baby. That is what you were created for."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool stuff!!