Tuesday, December 09, 2008

God loves us.....

I got this in my email this morning.....

From the Purpose Driven Life Daily Devotional.

"God loves you so much that he sent Jesus on a mission of love with a message of love. Christmas is a yearly reminder that God loves you. The Bible says God is love. It doesn’t say God has love; it says God is love. Love is his nature – God is love."

He loves us THAT MUCH. He IS love. That no matter what He will always love us. He will always love ME! I am ashamed to admit that I struggle with this a lot. I find it hard to believe sometimes.
You know, growing up you did things to make parents love you more. Make teachers and other kids "love" you enough that you were worthy to be in that group, worthy to be listened to etc.
Yet what have I done for God in order for Him to love me? NOTHING! I am not a perfect person. Far from it. I am a sinner. I struggle with the only thing that is true and that is Him and His word. So with God being so perfect why do I struggle with it?

"God’s good news is that he loves you on your good days as much as he loves you on your bad days. He loves you when you can feel his love, and he loves you when you can’t seem to feel his love. He loves you regardless of whether or not you think you deserve his love.

There is nothing you can do that will make God stop loving you. You could try, but you simply can’t do it – because his love for you is based upon his character and not on anything you do or say or feel."

Well now that is good to know as well. On my bad days I am not a pleasant person. I can be very cranky and quite the bitch *ahem, excuse me for the swear*. I lose track of God some days. But like the devotion said I can not do anything to make God stop loving me. NOTHING?? Really? Why? Why is that so? Why can't His love just be taken away like everyone else's seemed to have been in the past.

BECAUSE HE LOVES ME and He gave up His ONLY Son for me. The reason we celebrate Christmas is because God gave us His son. We celebrate the greatest gift of all. Jesus was born only to die. God knew all of this too. He knew the torment, the anguish, the pain and the hurt yet he LET it all happen. He didn't stop it. Jesus obeyed. God LET His son die on that cross. Did He turn His back while He watched His son take his last breaths? While He watched His son in pain? I like to imagine that He didn't. I believe He sat there beside Jesus, held Him and loved Him all the way through.

He let it happen because He loved a sinful world so much. He wanted us to be with Him, yet we still turn away from Him. We turn our backs on Him but no matter what He keeps with us. He keeps loving us. I did nothing to deserve it. You did nothing to deserve it and that is the point.

God really amazes me. He really truly does. I just hope that someday soon I can get this truth into my head and sunk into my heart. I believe I am almost there. I want to believe that He won't take it away. Like the rest of us though I only have the earthly people experience and I worry every time I may do something wrong to loose His love. I won't though. I won't. He loves us that much. No matter what.

wow....

No comments: