Sunday, July 03, 2005

The First Day

Ok. Bear with me here. This is the only picture I have so far. I have to get the others off the cameras.

So, the first day - Thursday- I left at 8:30 that morning. In the morning we packed the car and then when 8:30 rolled around I got into the car and went to drop off my house keys to my cat sitter.
I got to the campsite at about 10/10:30. (Somewhere in there). So I drove around and picked out the three sites I thought would be best. The lady at the gate told me that it was good that I was so early cause she predicts that the whole camp ground would fill up by noon. It did.
So I parked my car and got to unpacking. Went for the tent.
At first I was dissapointed with the tent because I thought it had two rooms and when I set it up I noticed it didn't. Then I continued to unpack it. There was the divider. Two rooms!! Then it has a summer fly and a rain fly. I put both on.
Started to pump up the air matress. It is a queen but double thick. It is two matresses in one. Pop the bottome one you still got the top one or vice a versa.
As I was setting everything up I realized how much of a walking advertisment we were for Canadian Tire. I think it was Dennis that ended up asking later in the weekend if we get something for advertising the company. Our sleeping bags, air matress, air pumps, tent, tube and rope for the boat were all things from Canadian Tire. It was pretty funny. I love my new tent. The rain fly goes all the way to the ground all the way around and is made out of tarp material. We were dry. Slept really good the rest of the weekend once I got some earplugs (thanks Sue). Did you ever realize how wonderful those ear plugs are? Yet I do realize that they could be dangerous. But I slept soooo well.
Warning. More info and pictures are to come. You may get sick of it. Hehehehe.

1 comment:

Kaylyn said...

Happy birthday to misty!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day...love Kaylyn