Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Spiritual Gifts

A while back I did a little "test" on what my spiritual gifts were. I thought, oh great here we go we won't find any there. It is not necessarily a gift that you may recognize right away. Anyway, I did the test. Reluctantly at first. Wondering if I would get anywhere on the "scale" or not. Or if God missed me that day He was giving them out. I did the test and realized that my meaning of spiritual gifts was just a little off base. Wow. The results actually made sense to me. I could see it. I never thought of them as that. Never thought that what seemed to come so naturally and pleasantly to me was a spiritual gift.
Recently I got to use my spiritual gift. I just thought of it as helping someone out. Then a friend pointed out to me that it was a part of my gifts. That I had just used my gifts for what they meant to be used as. It was the coolest feeling in the world.
I have noticed lately how giddy I totally feel again. How excited I get when I realize, or am shown, that I am being used by God. It is a totally awesome feeling. I had felt like I lost it for a bit but maybe I just wasn't paying attention anymore. Then I started to wonder, Is there any way I can get a job using these gifts? How awesome would that be.
Yeah, never happy with what I got..... I know. Wanting to run but there is NO way that I can. So I start to think about other things I can be doing. How fulfilling would it be to be used by God? Everyday. I know we are but sometimes I really wonder why He puts me in places and situations that I think I can't handle.
So, anyway just a bunch of ranting here. I really, truly do loved being used by God. It is scary and unfamiliar sometimes but all worth it.
One of the girls that was training me is also a Christian, has been all her life. We were actually talking while we were driving about God and about Jesus. She told me that it was nice to talk to someone about all this stuff. She and her friends have grown up with church and she said that they never really talk but it was nice to be able to talk to me about some of it. I told her that I may not have the answers but I can try to talk through any questions she has or find the answer she might need. Again, being used. Feels awesome.
I love knowing that I wasn't skipped over and that He did give me special gifts. Unique to me. I love using them. Wish I did it more often. Something I will have to remedy I guess.
Isn't God awesome!!!

No comments: