Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sunbeams and butterflies

A little while ago Sushi posted something about being romanced. That in bible study we were challenged to see in what ways God was romancing us. Did you know that if we just look for it we can see that He is doing so more and more each day?
I have determined that His way of romancing me has been sunbeams and butterflies. The sunbeam part I get. The butterflies still make me think.

Ever since I was little I always thought that Angels were coming down to Earth on the sunbeams that I saw streaking through the clouds. I didn't believe in God at that time. I believed in angels though. If I didn't where would my dad be? Kind of silly actually. It was something that seemed to make sense and kept me going. How could I believe in one and not the other? I always felt a presence but it hasn't been until my adulthood that I have found God and realized that He was that very present feeling that someone was watching me. I never really thought of those sunbeams as being romanced until Sue pointed it out to me. I literally stopped and thought. Dead in my tracks so to speak. I had a hmmmm moment.

Now the butterfly thing. I like ladybugs. I don't collect butterflies and have never really felt like they were something that I would. Until now. I am not the one that loves butterflies but it seems to be the way that God shows me that He loves me. The other day at the lake there was one literally inches from my finger tips. When he finally would get scared enough to fly away he would. Sue said she watched the butterfly go up and do a complete circle around me and then land right back where I was. The butterfly was playing with me. Yesterday at work I saw one twice. I got out of the car in Chilliwack while doing a delivery and one flew right around me in front of my face. I smiled. Then on the way back to Abbotsford I was caught at a light in Chilliwack just before the freeway. Then here comes a butterfly right across my windshield. You don't see that much! Then on my way home the sun hid behind the clouds for a brief moment and I saw the sunbeams. I took off my sunglasses to look but didn't see them as well but when I put them back on it was so beautiful and obvious. I laughed. I actually felt overwhelmed and felt tears. It was for me. Selfish? Probably but it was for me. Just me.
God loves me. God loves all of us. Like a child I once again feel giddy. I feel warmed by His love and just want to shout it to anyone and everyone that will hear me. Stand on top of the highest mountain and scream it out at the top of my lungs.
Sunbeams and butterflies are God's way to romance me. What are yours? Are you listening? Are you paying attention?
He is so amazing.
Thank you Lord for your amazing, endless love. I love you.

No comments: