Sunday, March 19, 2006

So TIRED!!

So, most of you moms out there are probably going to shake their heads and laugh at me but I am going to tell you what has been happening to me!
Last night I was having some pretty good back pain. Took a couple tylenol extra strength and attempted to go to bed at 8. No avail. I tossed and turned. The pain felt so intense. It would go away then come back. All night. I even went and walked at like 11:30. It ended up radiating into the front too. Too much info?? hehehe
I think there was one two hour stint that I got in but all night the pain just kept coming. It would wear off enough for me to fall asleep, or start to, then BANG right back at it. Whatever. It can't be labour. Has to be braxton Hicks.
So today I have still been having them. Went for a walk, on the advice of a friend of mines mom who used to be a midwife. Had to stop a few times and just breathe. My friends mom said that she didn't think it was labour. She said that I do look ready though. That seemed to be the common consencus today at church. Tried laying down to get some sleep once again to no avail again. Maybe twenty minutes.
Man! Listen to me complain and if this really truly is all "fake" labour then it really makes me wonder if I will handle the real thing.
While on the walk I would get the pain. Sue went with me for the walk and I would hear her breathe out and I would be like, oh yeah, I better do that. It is funny how in the midst of it all you kinda forget to breathe.
Phil is so cute. He has a big smile on his face and he keeps saying, he's coming, he's coming. I said yes he is but I am sure that it isn't today. I looked up at him after one of the wonderful contractions and he smiled and I said you're excited aren't you? He said Yeah, but scared too. I just looked at him and said, me too Phil, me too.
Man! It scares me if I am this big of a wimp now what the heck will I be like when the real thing hits? Bath didn't help last night and neither did the exercise ball, which surprised me. Hmmmm...ok LB what is going on?
Last night Phil asked if we need to call labour and delivery. I said no cause they are just going to tell me that it is all false labour and send me home anyway. Is it really too soon? 26 more days...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

At least when you know your really in labour there's an end in sight!! It gives you something to work toward. The not knowing what is goin on and feeling out of comtrol is hard but remember your body was designed to do this by a very smart man. You will do great! And really...you have no choice! Just go with it and do the best you can!! Love you!!