Thursday, May 11, 2006

Could this be how God felt?

Of course we don't exactly know just how God felt but I think I might understand it on some level.
What am I talking about? Well.....
This past week has been really hard for me. Cooper being sick that is. It just totally tears at my heart strings. To hear him cough and watch him breath all plugged up. It kills me. To know there is nothing I can do for him. The only thing I can do is just love him and give him those extra Mommy cuddles.
Then a little light went on in my head. I may be wrong but I found myself wondering if this is how God felt. Did He feel helpless knowing that there was nothing He could do as He watched His one and only Son there on the cross? Being God He could have saved Jesus but He knew that His precious Son's sacrifice had to be carried out so that it will save us. Being worthy in God's eyes and being given His grace and mercy.
Did it just tear at God's heart to see His Son hang there and suffer for man? Did He let the tears fall knowing that even though it was a time of suffering in the long run it will be well worth it for not only Him but every soul on this planet?
He found me worthy. He finds you worthy. How cool is that!
So as I sit here looking at my son's fussy face as he cries just cause he isn't feeling well my heart cries with him and I wonder if this is how God felt. I can't believe the automatic love I have for my child, one that is so endless and over flowing that I would do anything for him. Hmmm...God did that for me. He did that for you. Through His Son Jesus. I can imagine with an ache in his heart and a tear on His cheek knowing this had to be done.
Unconditional love. Man it hurts. But I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments: