Monday, May 15, 2006

My first mother's day

What an awesome day!! I am so blessed.
It started out with a surprise at two o'clock in the morning. That is when Cooper gets up for a change and a feed. I go to get little man from the crib and I see an envelope in the crib. I grab it and went over to the night light to open it. I didn't want to turn on the overhead light and wake Cooper too much. So here I was out in the hallway bent over into the light opening a card. When I opened it I saw a Momma duck and baby duck. Then I opened it and cried. There inside the car was this messy printing saying "I LOVE MOMMY with all my heart. Cooper" Then on the opposite side was my little boys feet prints! Smudged in green paint. It looked just like he would have done it himself. I cried. I picked Cooper up and just cuddled him. I cried more. I went back to bed and I just hugged Phil and I said that was the best gift I have ever received in my whole life. Of course he played dumb like he didn't know what I was talking about. I think I cried myself to sleep! Such happy tears though.
Then at the seven o'clock feeding I came out to the recliner and there was another card from my dear husband. I cried again. Stupid hormones!
Then I spent the morning with my son. Phil went and spent the morning with his mom. His dad spent the morning with his mom. All the sons spent the morning with moms. It was very special.
Then at one o'clock Phil's mom did a luncheon get together for my mom, three grandma's, herself and me. All husbands were there and all us mothers were celebrating mothers day together. It was so cool. As I sat there and looked around realizing that I felt special. I felt special to be a part of the motherhood "club" so to speak. There isn't anything more special then that.
A few years ago we bought Phil's mom a small cameo pendant of a mother with a baby close to her face. It is surrounded by gold and on the back it says Heaven's Gift. You see the mom's head and the baby's head with mom's hand behind it. She came into the room where I was feeding Cooper and she opened the box and told me that now that I am a mom she was passing it down to me. I teared up and said, I can't take this. It is yours. She says she wanted to give it to me. That it was her gift to me.
I had such an awesome, wonderful and special day. I am so blessed and grateful for what I had been given. I thanked God over and over for it. I thank him over and over for my son all the time.
It definitely was a mother's day to remember.

No comments: