Friday, July 14, 2006

I've got a jealous little man

and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Last night Phil and I went over to the neighbours house. Phil had Cooper. The neighbours just got their adopted son. Finally were able to bring him home. He is exactly one week older then Cooper.
I was holding little Aiden and he started to fuss. What did I do? The same thing I do with Cooper. Whispered shhhhh and rocked him while holding him in a cradle position. Phil turned and Cooper found me. Saw what I was doing and started to cry.
It was like, "That is my Mommy! Mommy, what are you doing?"
I thought he was crying just because Aiden was but when Phil turned so Cooper didn't see me the crying didn't bother him at all. Then when he turned back towards me and saw me again he started to cry again. Harder.
Gave me a sense of peace. That even after a tough day my son knows me. He knows that I love him and he doesn't want to share me with anyone else. Made me feel really special.
We are going to cuddle this morning now cause he just doesn't seem to want to nap on his own this morning. That is ok. I am not going to get this time back. I just hope I don't regret it later on when he is older. Am I so wrong?
That is my special little boy and I really don't mind that he is a little jealous. I know he loves me. What a feeling.

No comments: