Saturday, February 21, 2009

Within a matter of minutes

Yesterday afternoon I had a little nap. Before I fell asleep I asked God to please show me that He is there, to help me to understand His love for me. To understand and to just trust.

So when I woke up I had Isaiah 46:11 ring in my head. I thought maybe it was a verse about a lamb being carried by Christ. I liked that verse. So I went to look it up and read "What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do." ummmm....ok that doesn't make sense and doesn't seem relevant but I will write it down anyway.

So I went back to my concordance trying to find the specific verse I was looking for. I couldn't find it and was getting a bit frustrated. It was at this point I was ready to email a friend and ask where it was. Instead I stopped and asked God to help me find it and I heard the word "carry". So I went to that word. I FOUND IT! I was so excited.

To add to the fact that I found it I realized that I really was not far off. I was 6 chapters off. The verse I found, and was looking for, was found in Isaiah 40:11. "He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart". So I opened my journal and wrote down both verses. I looked at the bottom of the page I was writing on and I saw another verse. "God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.' So we say with confidence, 'the Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.' " Hebrews 13:5-6

wow! That was three verses all in the matter of minutes. Then on my way home last night Chuck Swindoll, from Insight for living was talking. HIS message even rang true. He was talking about God's love and how He is there for us. I am actually planning on re-listening to the message online. He said something along the lines that we have received God's grace. That we didn't deserve God's grace but were given it anyway because of HIS mercy.

I just really felt God yesterday and heard Him talking to my heart. This morning I am tired and grumpy as all heck but I have tried a new thing. I turned to God. I prayed out loud, even as I puttered, and asked Him to give me the strength to get through the day. To fight this feeling of anger and grumpiness. Then I condemned the enemy and commanded him to leave in Jesus' name. I feel better already! I put down my foot and made the choice to reach to God. It felt good. I just have to remember to KEEP it up!

No comments: