Friday, September 23, 2005

Father, You're amazing....

So this morning I wrote a blog. If you saw it earlier you may have noticed that I removed the post. I am having a weird morning. Part of me wanting to reach out to someone and just talk about it but another part of me telling me that I don't need to. That it is too hard to put into words. That I don't need to bother anyone.
So I removed the post. As I was going into the kitchen these words went through my head,
"I need to be still and let God love me."
It is a beautiful song and although I have posted it before I am going to do it again. Those words went through my head. So I came into the computer room to search for it. I opened my media player and found my playlist. The song that was highlighted and that started to play? "I need to be still".
I literally sat here with my mouth dropped open. I leaned into my chair and closed my eyes as the music played. My lower jaw started to quiver and I felt the tears coming down my cheeks. I didn't get it, why was I crying? I was crying cause I am so amazed. Amazed that a song that I haven't heard in a long time is highlighted and started to automatically play.
God definatley came to me. He reminded me of the song and as I sat with my head back and tears falling I thought of how cool it is that He knew exactly what I needed to be reminded of. He knew what I needed to do.
Father, You are amazing. Thank you. A God moment that I was in so much need of. I needed to be still.


I Need to be Still

I need to be still and let God love me
I need to be still and let God love me
When this old world starts to push and shove me
I need to be still and let God love me

I need to relax and let God take over
I need to relax and let God take over
He'll take this load off my shoulders
I need to relax and let God take over

When there's trouble all around me
And my soul cries out for rest
When I feel that I'm falling
Even though I've done my best
When decisions get so heavy
And there are answers that I need
I know it's time to just be still and let
God love me

I need to be still and let God love me
I need to be still and let God love me
When this old world starts to push and shove me
I need to be still and let God love me

I need to be still and let God love me
I need to be still and let God love me
When this old world starts to push and shove me
I need to be still and let God love me

Written by: Archie P. Jordan and Naomi Martin

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome

Sue said...

God is amazing.