Monday, September 12, 2005

"First Time Mom"

That is the name of the book by Dr. Kevin Leman wrote. Michelle loaned it to me. So far it has some interesting points and in some spots it hits the nail right on the head.
One part I read was:

"It's selfish to rob others of the gift of serving you. Sure, it might be a bit humiliating to ask for help., especially if you are used to doing things yourself. But some parents, friends, and in-laws will be touched beyond words that you're reaching out to them and are willing to admit that you need their help." P. 40

Now that hit me. I am not good at asking for help for myself. I would rather struggle. I don't admit that I need help even though I know I do. I have started to admit to some but struggle with it. I never thought of it as blessing someone. The author was talking about letting people help you when they ask. Hmmmm........ yet another thing to work at. I think I can, I think I can..........

2 comments:

James Goudie said...

choooo chooooo chuga chuga chuga

Michelle said...

It's had I know, I had a very hard time admitting that I needed help. I felt that ment I couldn't handle it, like I was admitting defeat. When really it's normal to need help sometimes. When we ask if you need help we really want to help you!! We love you and probably will help whether you ask or not!!