Saturday, September 24, 2005

"Pop the hood, check the oil...."

About a month or so ago Phil had lost his wallet. I was frustrated. He is always misplacing it. Always. We always seemed to be looking for it. So in the begining we searched for it. High and low.
Just before our trip we had given up. Phil put his hands on my face and said, "Misty it is gone. Give it up." I wasn't convinced. We were praying for God to give Phil or myself some dream or idea of where it might be.
Got a phone call from Phil this morning. He told me that for the last two weeks he has had a thought come into his head. A simple phrase of, "pop the hood, check the oil." He said that he had already checked the oil in the truck so he didn't pay attention to it but was confussed as to why the thought was still going through his head. So this morning the thought came again while he was sitting in his truck. "Pop the hood, check the oil."
This time he listened. He popped the hood and when he lifted it there it was... His wallet sitting right there under the hood. I laughed. I said that maybe he should have listened to what God was saying sooner. He was just laughing.
He phoned his mom and told her the story. She said, "in the guiet God's voice will come as a whisper." Phil told her, "He was sick of whispering so He finally yelled it."
So this morning was a good laugh. I guess Phil might take these thoughts a little more seriously. He is going to make sure he keeps closer tabs on the wallet. I knew it wasn't fully gone, I knew it. He said that He is going to listen a little closer to what God is saying. Ahhh.... stress relief. Now I don't need to replace all those cards for him. What a funny man....
When we gave up humanly God kept going.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Okay, that's just funny. Lucky he didn't loose it on the road somewhere.

Michelle said...

Too funny!! I'm amazed it was still there. It must be because Phil is such a slow, careful driver!! Or maybe God keeping a hand on it had something to do with it!

Miss-buggy said...

yeah, phil and his.careful, slow driving?....
He said it was wedged in under the hood. Amazing the amount of God things I have seen and heard that have happened lately.