Saturday, April 30, 2005

God's speaking..... Still

Last night I was at the church office. I was tidying up before people arrived and I found a slip of paper. I think that God wanted to affirm something with me. It reads:

"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." Col. 3:13

I know that God was saying something here. Forgiveness is only one of the many battles I am fighting and I am not the only one fighting with it. So many people I see in my life are doing the same thing. Forgiveness is so hard for me to do. It just takes an instance to remind you. It takes one think to make you never want to give that person your forgiveness. Then I got this slip of paper.

Made me think, it's not my place to decide whether or not someone deserves forgiveness. God forgives me and everything I do, so why not be more like God? Jesus died for us and all our sins past, present and future. We have been forgiven. We are given His grace. How cool is that? Time for me to work on the forgiveness things. Time for me to let God work within me and through me without doubting that He knows what He is doing. I know that it won't happen over night but it is time. Time to forgive.

No comments: