Monday, August 22, 2005

Church in the Park

Once again God blessed us with a beautiful day of worship in the park. I love being at the park. To me there is no greater reminder of His beauty and wonder then sitting or standing in the park singing and worshiping Him. So cool.

A friend of mine and I were talking about stuff. When he grew a little bit of a worried look on his face. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that the music was too loud and that he bets we won't even be aloud back next year. Sad thought, I know, but the truth.

They can have weddings in the park and parties but when it comes to Sunday morning worshiping with songs and praise to God, people get scared and they complain. Yapping little dogs barking their heads off but yet the music will be too loud and thus would be the complaint.
It is sad really if you think about it. Are people so intimidated by someone greater then them that they fight to push Him away. Are they afraid to admit that someone else is in control of their lives then them? Heck, it's not even BC or AD anymore. It is BCE and ACE. Have to be politically correct you know. But what about our rights as Christians?
It is true. People hate us and fear us. It is true when Jesus says: "all men will hate you because of me....." Mt 10:22. I never fully understood that until the last few months. People fear Jesus and hate Him because they don't understand His glory. They hate because that is the feeling that makes sense to them. (this is all my own opinions and what I see). But this verse goes on... "but he who stands firm to the end will be saved."
How cool is that?
Then there is another verse that says, "there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed or hidden that will not be made known." Mt 10:26. So to me that shows that one day not matter how hard people try to hide it, the truth will come. He will come.

Yeah it makes sense that people are going to complain about the music. It scares them. But we are ready for that and we still stand firm in Christ. As a Christian I enjoy knowing that Jesus is my Saviour and that He is always there for me. I just find it interesting how so many people push Him away. Really makes me want to help some people. Really makes me want to spread his love more fiercely then ever before. So I guess in a way it doesn't work to try to hide it. We will fight harder.
You know with work I feel like I am not well liked. I feel like there are people who just are bothered by me. You know what, that is ok. Cause people will hate me. Because I love Christ. But I will never stop loving or believing. NEVER.

Like I said, I love church in the park. Nothing makes me feel so close to God then being out there. Surrounded totally by His beauty. I just wish that everyone could see what I see.

4 comments:

Sue said...

I love church in the park too. hehehe...i love the baby counter too. congratulations. Love you!

lori said...

BABY COUNTER! WONDERFUL!

(hey, didn't you tell me it would YEARS before you'd do that?!)

CONGRATS!

Michelle said...

Baby baby baby.......

The greatest treasure you'll ever find at the end of the rainbow!!

Have I said how excited I am for you??

Miss-buggy said...

yes Lori I did. But honestly, like we would tell anyone we were trying. Imagine people asking, so you pregnant yet......
So we waited.