Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A compliment

Today I was talking to one of the girls at work. She ended up telling me that she was a Christian and that she doesn't go to church anymore. I asked her why and she told me, in not so few words, that she just ended up drifting away. Not to mention that her boyfriend and none of her friends are Christians.
After talking a little more I told her that I didn't think that she was a Christian. I said I think that most people here know that I am. She said that it was obvious. I don't swear like everyone else or get into the rude jokes or talk about my weekends consisting of being drunk. She thought it was fairly obvious.
Now, to me that was a compliment. To know that I am doing something right around there and standing my ground and remaining true to who I am in Christ and that it shows. Does that mean that I am being Christ like? I hope so but does it ever feel good to know that it shows.

On another note:
You know how you are always told to be honest and Christ like? Well the other day I was. I accidentally hit a parked van. No one was in it and I could have easily drove off. But I didn't. I left my name and number explaining what I did. No phone call or anything so I hoped it was over. Not so. Got a letter in the mail today about someone phoning and making a claim. Darn!! I just need to keep the faith that God will deal with it and that it will work out. Last thing I need is to pay big bucks with the baby on the way and all. Oh well, should have paid more attention.
I did the "right" thing. Sure I wanted to drive away but I didn't. Well, at least I know that I did what Jesus would have done. At least that is what I think. (I may be wrong, have been before on my thinking!!)
Oh well........

1 comment:

James Goudie said...

you did the right thing. when I had my jeep, I hit a parked car in kelowna. I was with my cousin at the time. I just wasn't paying attention when I was backing up. rolling a little far back. my cousin said, nobody saw, lets just go. but I said no, I need to find the owner. well i didn't find the owner and didn't have paper so I left then phoned it in. by then they phoned in too. so it was worked out. it cost me quite a bit to pay the guy out so my insurance didn't suffer. but i was glad I went against what i was being told to do.