Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I have learned...

In the past few months I have been on an amazing journey. With many ups and downs. Many lows, sometimes more than anything else, but also many highs. I have been on the top of a mountain and I have been in the depths of despair. I have learned some things though. I feel like I get told these over and over again sometimes and sometimes it slips my mind. But in the depth of my soul I know that it is true.

1. Jesus Loves you
2. Your sins have been forgiven
3. God is 100% pleased with you
4. Jesus will not leave you alone
5. You are strong in the lord, when you are weak He is strong
6. Satan and evil really thrive to push us under. But with God on our side we can fight and be victorious.
7. You are never alone
8. You are loved.

Months ago when I was told these I would scof at them. Think yeah whatever. But today at this very moment they make me smile.
There is more but these are the ones that are jumping to the forefront of my mind right now. I find that it is so easy to forget or push aside these truths. The closer we become one with God the harder Satan fights. He is losing the battle for another soul and it is almost like you can watch him squirm.
Sure, I know there will be days that I will feel like none of this is true. There are days when I will feel like I am all alone. Then I just need to work on praying and turning to God.
There is nothing wrong with bad days. There is nothing wrong with failing in your own eyes. Cause even though you may fail in your own eyes in God's you may have succeded the way He wanted you to.
Reaching for Him in your moments of despair can be hard and that is why He puts others into our lives to do it for us. When we can't speak someone can for us. Humans let one another down. It is inevitable. The only one who won't let us down is Jesus. Is our Savior.
How cool is that?

1 comment:

so i go said...

quite cool indeed.

great post.. thanks for the thought provoking words here..

blessings, misty..

jeff