Tuesday, April 18, 2006

He's Here!!

Introducing:
COOPER LUKE WISHART
Born: April 16, 2006
6:40 am
Weight: 7lbs 7oz
Length: 19.5"
Proud Parents: Phil & Misty Wishart





Posted by Picasa

My Birth Story:

Some of you may know that for the last month or so I had been having contractions. Being a first time mom, I never knew if it was "it" or not. I had done many trips to labor and delivery (L&D) worried about baby or whether or not it was it. Each time I was sent away disappointed and feeling failure in my heart. Many times with no progression and being sent home hurt. Just never knowing what labor would feel like and if I would know or not.
Last Monday the 10th I had an appointment with my doctor. Who I LOVED by the way, she was so awesome through all of this. She wanted to help make the possibility of labor progress. After more then three weeks with contractions and painful hips and just being plain miserable she decided to strip my membranes. She told me that I could go into labor either that night or the next day. I was still at three cms. Didn't go into labor. Was getting really uncomfortable and it was all starting to just feel like it would never end. Like there was no more hope.
Went into L&D on Wednesday thinking that the contractions and the feelings that I was having could mean that I was in labor. Got checked. Nope. Sent home again. No difference, same ol' same ol'.
On Saturday night around 10:30/11:00 I tried to go to bed. Trying to ignore the contractions. Couldn't get comfortable at all. No matter what position I laid in. So I got up and came to the computer. The contractions weren't going away and they were feeling so much more different then they did any other time. So I started to time them on the computer with a contraction log generator. They started out at 10 - 8 minutes apart. I tried to have a bath and it still didn't go away. Got worse. Some of them I almost cried. Let Phil sleep though. I wasn't about to wake him for yet another false alarm. Another pointless trip to L&D.
The contractions got to 3-4 minutes apart decided that I probably should phone L&D. They told me to come in. Hesitantly I agreed and woke Phil. Went in and they monitored me. The contractions showed up really intense. They checked me and said that I was still only 3cms. I looked at Phil and cried. Saying that this was totally different. This couldn't be another false alarm. I was ready to kill the nurse. Due to the intensity of the contractions she this time she told me to try walking around for a bit. I walked for 45 minutes. Doubling over a lot. Phil was so awesome and supportive, every step of the way. I couldn't have asked for more. We went back to get monitored. She checked me again and said, you are 6cms. We better get a room for you.
YES!! I knew it! This was it. They put me into a delivery room and I went straight for the shower where I spent 20 minutes, although it felt like hours, and then was checked again and was now 8cms. Moved to the room on the birthing ball and in 20 minutes went to 9.5cms. Nurse moved me to the bed and the next thing I knew it was time.
20 minutes of pushing and my little man came right into the world. He came so fast that the doctor didn't make it. The nurse had turned to grab new gloves and she missed Cooper coming out. He looked so awesome. Cord was around his neck but he was healthy. I took gas. I swore I wouldn't use anything but I was asking for the drugs. But Cooper came too fast. The gas did the trick and I didn't have time for anything else!
He is such a good baby. Barely cries. Blue eyes. Feeding is coming along. Slowly but we are both learning so we keep perusing. He sleeps well. He is absolutely perfect. My little angel.
I am sure this got too long but what can you do? Oh well. I am so glad that he is here and I am so amazed that I can love a little man so much. God has given us a great gift. I can't believe it. Feels so surreal. So precious. More may come later. Still wrapping my brain around all this new stuff.
Thank God for such a beautiful gift. On the day that we celebrate the rising of God's Son I got to bring my own into the world. Amazing... Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Michelle said...

K, I havn't even finished reading yet, just wanted to say he is so beautiful!! And you did an amazing job. The air of peacefulness around you since Coopers birth is beautiful to see. Everyday from now on is an adventure, but a wonderful one.

I'm so excited for you guys!! Love you all!!

Leah D. Smith said...

Congratulations Misty!!! He is absolutely adorable! So glad to hear everything went smoothly for you. May God continue to bless you three :)

-leah

Emmakirst said...

Congratulations, sounds like you had a great delivery! He's beautiful. Take care.

shari said...

Beautiful beautiful, beautiful!!!

Congrats to you both. god bless you all. Welcome to this this wild and crazy place we call earth, Cooper!

Melody said...

congratulations!!! he is so adorable. i can't wait to meet your little guy

Erin said...

Yes, Congratulations!! Beautiful little man.

Mandy said...

I agree with Michelle, you have such a wonderful air about you! I'm sooo happy for all of you and so thankful that everything went well. It was a blessing to me to be able to see you the first day. What a beautiful little Cooper you have. I'm so proud of you! You did awesome! Love you lots!

Kaylyn said...

Oh, my goodness!! He is so cute. You will be awesome parents! Congrats!

so i go said...

he's beautiful!! congrats to both you and phil. love the name Cooper!