Wednesday, November 19, 2008

In the company of Faith



I had just recently bought this Organic Soy Sauce by Bragg. As I sat there reading the ingredients and whether or not it needed to be refrigerated after opening. Yeah I am anal that way. Anyway.....

Can you imagine my surprise when I look down at the front of the bottle and see a "Jesus" fish. As you can see in the picture it says 3 John 2. Now I have never really "ventured" to that area of the bible yet. I didn't really even know if that was right because I didn't know that there were three extra books of John in the bible. I know, I am so terrible with this stuff but I am forcing myself to be dedicated and learn. So I went to John 3:2 and as I was turning to it I see 3 John.

hmmmm....I thought....It really couldn't be could it? So I turned to 3 John 2. It was there. This is what it said:
"Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well."

Ok.....HOW COOL IS THAT!! A company stepped out in Faith and put a verse right on their product. I thought it was cool that I even noticed it!

I am trying to eat better and am learning how to do so. Organic is one of those areas, as well as salads. I don't drink any caffeine anymore, that includes pop. Of course I will eat Chocolate. So I am trying to get back to my old habits. My old good habits. I drink a LOT of water and am trying to make better choices for my body. When I make better choices for MY body and what I put into it in essence I am honoring God and what He has created.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1Cor 6:19-20

So all of this to say that I think it is very cool that a company and it's owners have a faith so huge that they step out and put it right on their product. Calling us friends. Friends in Christ.

I guess a lot of this is a ramble but at the same time it is just all coming to me. This is my heart. This is my feelings. This is what I have been learning.

No comments: