Saturday, November 22, 2008

Our Daily Bread for today

I was sitting in the living room with my inlaws at their house when they did the devotional for today.

It really seemed to resonate with me. Talking about how the church should show love and not be divided. One "class" on one side and the other on the opposite side.

We read from 1John 4:7 God's love.
Two verses really stood out for me.

4:16 & 18

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear."

God's love is perfect. He will not falter like our earthly selves. When you live in love to one another you are living in God and God is living in you and your soul. God's love is perfect and it drives out any fear.

I have a BIG fear that I am going to mess up and screw up so badly that God will leave me that He will walk away from me. That I will be called a failure and He will give up on me. Blame me for not loving Him and not wanting to be in Him. It really blows me away to realize that I did nothing to deserve this love. I didn't have to. Neither did you. Neither do you. He loves us because we are His children. Each and every one of us. He loves us so much in fact that He has given us the ability to choose to follow Him. He gives us free will and when we choose to dedicate our life to Him and to spreading His word He rejoices. God loves all of us. Each and every one of us. No matter how much sin we may or may not have. No matter how hurt we feel, He will always be there. No matter how many times we "walk away" He is still right there. He is not far and has not left us. He has kept His commitment to us to love us no matter what. He is perfect. No matter if we feel like we can't be with Him, He knows we are made to love Him.

I don't really know what I am getting at besides the fact that it amazes me that He loves us so much. Without expectation. Without limits. Without borders. Without judgement. God IS perfect. God IS good. God IS love.

No comments: