Tuesday, November 04, 2008

What do you see?

I got this in my daily devotional yesterday and it has given me something to think on. I have always wondered, when someone looks at me do they KNOW or can they SEE by my example that I am a Christian? Do I portray God's love in a way He can be proud, in a way that people say "I WANT that" ?

"As you browse holiday catalogs, consider what the “catalog” of your life says about God. Do people see qualities in you that make them long for God?
What does the world see in us
That they can’t live without?
Do they see winsome qualities
And love that reaches out? —Sper

As a Christian, you are “God’s advertisement.” Do people want what they see in you?" ODB


I want to be someone that when people look at me they think, "WOW! I want what she has!" But am I? Well first of all you tell me. Secondly I don't think I am.

Although I want to be, I find I get caught up in my busy life. I forget who I am, let alone stopping to worship God. Stopping to get to know Him better. I get caught up in my own little world that I don't come across as a happy person. The person I used to be. I used to laugh more. I used to giggle and just enjoy things more then I do now. What happened? I am not 100% sure but I do know that it needs to change.

Lord, I DESIRE to have you and your life radiating from me. I want Your light to be visible to the world. I want to stand on top of the mountain and proclaim the love I have for you. Gee I don't want much do I.

"It is ok to want child, but I need you to do your part."

I know God. Help me to be a better person. Help my light shine better in me.

"It is always shining child you just need to see it yourself. I am proud of you and I know you want to get closer to Me. You are taking the steps and that is what I need you to do. Although you may feel far from Me know that I am right here waiting for you. Waiting for you to reach out your hand and take My own."

ok God....I am going to reach. I am going to let my light shine.


I always wonder what people think of me when they meet me. Sometimes I am afraid to hear the answers. I know one person had always thought I hated her. It wasn't until recently that I learned that and I hugged her and cried. I told her that I thought SHE hated me. I am a shy person, believe it or not, and I don't mean to come across harsh. I just am quiet. I guess that is where I don't look like a very good Christian. I don't act like a Christian. Although I know that I am a Christian I NEED to learn to let that show through. To let that be so unmistakable people think, "Dang! I want that!"

sigh....always a learning game.

No comments: