Sunday, October 09, 2005

Being Thankful

Todays church service seemed to tug at my heart strings and my tear ducts a little more then usual. I still am trying to figure out if it was just the hormones. I don't think so.
Greg went around with the wireless mic and asked some people to volunteer to say what they were thankful for this Thanksgiving. I wanted to speak but was already crying so didn't even bother. But did tell him afterwards.
For some reason this Thanksgiving seems to pull me a little more then usual. In a good direction.
As weird as this may sound I am thankful for my last week in the hospital. I know, sounds pretty stupid hey? My week in the hospital seemed to open my eyes and heart a little more to God. Something I was searching to have happen. It may not have been obvious on the outside but I felt it on the inside. I am thankful for growing in Christ and that He is always there for me.
I am thankful for:
God
Friends that love me
An awesome husband
To be proveledged enough to carry this miracle God has blessed us with

I am thankful for more but that is what has been on my heart the most lately. The moments in which God came so much closer to me were sometimes in my weakest moments. In the loving touch of someone who cared. That wouldn't leave my side no matter how foolish I felt or how long they had already been there. In the eyes of my soul mate. In the moment of silence when the tears poured and my heart cried to God. I realize that I may be repeating myself here but I just can't seem to state the point enough.
As I dropped to my knees just to let him wash over me the tears fell. Feeling the eyes of people possibly on me I got scared and wanted to stand. But then I didn't care. I shook and I cried but it wasn't for me. It wasn't for anyone to judge. It was in total admiration of my Father. Of our Saviour.
Thank you God for moments like today and those in the hospital. Thank you for your Son so that I may live a new life in You. Thank you Lord for your mercy and your grace. The two things that I have struggled to understand but I think I may be getting it now.
So this Thanksgiving remember our Father as we do everyday. I am glad I am able to express myself in ways that only He may understand. I am so Thankful that I am here today. At this moment. In this life. And that I have such an awesome Father who is always there for me.

2 comments:

Sue said...

beautiful

logan said...

At the weakest of moment is when god is the strongest in many harts.

The hardest part of church today is when the boy in the wheelchair was crying over what his father was saying. I was sitting right there in the front row watching him cry. It was one of the hardest things I have seen in a long time.