Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Christmas Cocoa

The other day I was craving chocolate. So I went into the kitchen to make myself some hot chocolate cause I was also cold. I had a childhood memory come back to me.
It's grandma's house. We would get there and she would always have some hot water boiled and waiting for my brother and I to help ourselves to it. Adding chocolate mix to make our favorite drink. Grandma would give us some of those little colored marshmallows to put on top. My brother and I always fought over who had more so it came down to mom setting a specific number that we could put in. So let's say that number was 10. Grandma would always sneak in a few more, whispering for us not to tell. That was Grandma's Christmas Cocoa. No matter what time of the year it was it was always called the same thing.
It got exciting to go over to Grandma's for the special Grandma treat. To this day, about 17 years later, she still asks me if I would like some Christmas Cocoa.
While I was remembering this childhood moment I started to think. This is what I want for my child. Happy memories like this. Memories of doing things with mommy or daddy. Or both. Or grandma. I really do long to be a stay at home mom. I just pray that it will be God's will and that it will work out financially for us. There is nothing more that I want then to be at home with my child. (remind me of this when I blog about pulling out my hair months from now)
It is awesome cause Phil wants the same thing for me. I leave it in God's hands and pray that it is what He wants too.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You've totally made me humgry for cocoa.....I've been doing alot of thinking lately about traditions and which ones I want to start and have already started in our family. What I want Payton to remember.

I beleive it is God's will to have us stay home to raise our families whenever possible. It's harder than I ever gave anyone cresit for but very rewarding as well. I'm sure when the time comes everything will work out as it should!! Love you!!