Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A very real God moment

On Sunday Phil brought me my MP3 player. I had it filled with praise music. I kept waking up with praise songs in my head so he finally brought it for me.
One of the songs hit me and hit me hard. I am going to post the lyrics here. I was laying in my bed bored out of my mind. I had gone through ten other songs of praise when I came to this one. I was laying there looking out the window watching the clouds change their shape and form. Thinking about the hand God had placed upon them to do that. Phil came into the room while I was listening to this song. He saw tears coming down my cheek. Concerned he imediately asked me what was wrong. I told him nothing. Just remembering and picturing God's love. Just worshipping Him. So he left me to continue.
Can you guess at which part I cried? It was a reminder to me that yes He was there going through all this pain with me.
It is a very mellow and relaxing song.

MORE THEN A FRIEND
-Jeremy Riddle

In the quiet of my soul
In the stillness I hear Your voice call
And I am overwhelmed
And I am lost for words
To describe You

(Chorus)
Jesus, You're more than a friend
Jesus, You're more than my heart could
ever express
Your love and Your grace never fail me
Your merciful touch always heals me
You bring joy to my soul
Joy to my soul

My heart longs to worship You, my King
And I long to bring You a pleasing offering
And I am overwhelmed
And I am lost for words
To describe You

(repeat chorus 2x)

Your love and Your grace
Your merciful touch
Brings joy to my soul
Joy to my soul

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Neat how you mention this song Misty, as I just recently learned it and am in the process of getting the music so we can do it at church. It is an amazing song and I hope that we can pull it together sometime. Be blessed tonight, darling. I hope you feel 100% soon. Love you.

Miss-buggy said...

I was actually hoping that it could be a song that we could sing at church. It makes me want to drop to my knees and just worship Him.

Sue said...

that's so beautiful, thank you for sharing so openly your moments with God with all of us. ispiring!