Sunday, February 18, 2007

not sure what to do!

So my little man that used to sleep through the night has been getting up now for the past 2 weeks make that 4. I don't know what to do anymore. At about 10 he wakes up SCREAMING. Sometimes he has gas, others he doesn't. Then he wakes up at 3 am sometimes 4 and then is up for the day at 6.
I am totally exhausted. I can't handle it. Last night I walked out of the apartment while he was screaming and Daddy tried to deal with it. I just needed some breathing space. I come back hoping he had stopped and nope he didn't. He was up for a hour. Turned out he had gas last night. But what about all the other nights.
I am wondering now if maybe the wheat in Cheerios and crackers, both which he started not long ago, is hurting his belly. Process of elimination right? So say bye bye to crackers and cheerios. Sucks cause he really liked them.
Then there is the possibility that he is not getting enough milk. He will nurse. But now I am not sure if he is nursing out of convenience and it being offered to him or if he is actually hungry.
We are going to try something tonight. When he gets up tonight we are going to get Phil to get up with him (see if he will) and offer a bottle of water. Then keep only offering him water. Maybe he will see there is no point to get up for water. I know that he is capable of sleeping through the night. He used to do it for crying out loud. When he slept all the way through so did the rest of us and the 6am wake up for the day was fine.
Last week I almost fell asleep in church. To be honest, I don't see this week being any different. PLUS he has decided not to like nursery. I keep putting him in but the Daddy is the big sucker (LOL) and keeps pulling him out cause he is crying. He just needs to be distracted and he is fine.
Sigh.........whine, whine, whine.....But I am SO tired!!

No comments: