Sunday, May 08, 2005

Amazed


"Ask any thing in my name and you shall receive..." (I think it is something like that). Just maybe it's not the way you were expecting or you want.
This weekend was ladies retreat. What an awesome retreat. It felt more powerful to me than ever before. I prayed that God were to meet me in a powerful way at this retreat and He sure did. Just a little harder than I expected. I think though that it was truly a long time coming.
This year has seen many ups and downs. Much spiritual growth and expanding faith. Maybe that is why I tended to "get" things a little more.
Lately the songs have had more meaning behind them. They have brought me to my knees and made me reach up and out to the Lord. Although the journey has just begun it amazes me. How much I have grown and how much more I feel God. Very cool. It only makes me more excited to continue the journey. Battles will be fought but with God we will win. Sometimes battles will feel and seem so endless but in God's timing.
So, like I said, God met me. I was amazed. I was filled with so many questions. I still am, but I feel like I can be at peace. I cry just thinking about how Jesus gave His life for us. Each one of us. That all our sins are forgiven. He reminded me this weekend that He is there. Had some quiet time with Him. Had some frustrating moments with Him. He was patient with me and He comforted me. He is so powerful and I pray that He will help me to keep my eyes open to Him. I was so amazed.

I thank you God for letting me be me. For loving me for who I am, even when I don't. Thank you for meeting me and showing me that you hear me. Thank you.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so thankful to be part of your journey, to be able to watch your growth and support you along the way.

I love you and thank you for your support!!