Monday, May 23, 2005

Future....

So I am the type of person that totally NEEDS to plan EVERYTHING. Just ask those closest to me. Ask the ones that I drive absolutely nuts. Everything needs to be planned right down to the exact time. It drives a few of my friends nuts, if not all of them. Must have the structure. Can't just "wing it".
Latley though I have been trying hard to do just that. Trying to wing it. Hard as it may be. I feel it eating at me that I am not setting a specific time. When I am told 9:30ish, I need to know if it is 9:30 or 9:45. Must choose an exact time. In fact the other day I just had to wing something and that was tough. If I don't have the exact time figured out then it just won't work, when in actuality that is a farce. Things will happen when they are meant to happen.
I went to my first Costa Rica meeting and was told to expect things to change from one moment to the next. I think God is trying to tell me something there. So I have been trying, reluctantly, to just wing things and see how they go. Take chances.
I feel that I must plan my future. If I should go to school. If and when we should buy a house, or have a family. Yet, I can just picture God shaking His head at me. Asking me when am I going to learn? It is not in my timing but in His. He knows my future. He knows what He has in store for me, for my family. Yet I have to be the one in control. I have to have the items on the list checked off by my own pen, my own timing. Not working yet....
When am I ever going to learn that my future is in Gods hands and that not everything can be planned right down to the second? That I need to learn how to "wing it". That is going to be a tough one....

6 comments:

James Goudie said...

CR Time.

in a little while is probably like 30mins.

an hour is probably like 1hr 30mins to 2 hours.

Expect to wait 15-20 minutes before we actually leave because we have to wait for the ticas.

brandermcdonald said...

living in the past, living in the future, hindsight for the first is 100%, the other is 0% unless you're God. the present is full of joy in Him but it takes a measure of trust. trust of self, others, and Him. welcome to the human condition.its a minute by minute question we all have to face. great blog!

Michelle said...

Yup, I know when I say I'll meet you at 8:30ish it drives you bonkers. But it's the best I can do. Besides I like seeing where the day will take me. Longer term planning is a little different, I would like to know where I'll be in five years and used to let it naw and eat away at me, but I've been learning that God will make sure I'm taken care of, it's hard though.

Sue said...

It doesn't drive me nuts, but I do try to get you going on it sometimes. Rebellious of me, I know. I CR, we don't check our watches, stop looking in the mirror, eat when it's in front of us and just generally take life as it comes. Good luck with that! I love you just the way you are and especially love seeing God work in you. He will take care of the future, for both you and Phil.

lori said...

hey misty, get pregnant and have 5 kids. that'll help you wing it!

Miss-buggy said...

Hey Lori - NO WAY!! Be lucky to have one or two!

Sushi- I guess I might need to leave my watch at home? You Rebel. hehehe