Thursday, May 05, 2005

He's There

Lately I have been struggling with spending enough time with God. I am not sure that I am. Days start getting busy and it seems like I tend to push God to the back burner. Ouch.

Lately I have been going for walks with a friend. I realized the other day that I, we, are spending time with God right there. We see the beautiful flowers and the magnificent trees filled with birds. It makes me think, this is God time right here. Not only am I spending time with Him but I am also spending time with a friend. That is what it is all about isn't it? Loving one another and loving God. He knows that I am not turning my back on Him but He waits patiently. I am so grateful that no matter how many times I feel like I am not spending enough quality time He is still there. That no matter how many times I ask for forgiveness it is ready to be done. No matter how many times I fall down He is there to pick me up. Wow. It is so big that it is almost something that overwhelms me.

He is there. He is my light through the darkness.
The walk yesterday was a much needed one. While walking we were looking around at all the beauty that was created. It was created for us to enjoy. So we do. Without even thinking about it we notice the simple things like how beautiful something looks. How the sun seems to come through the trees perfectly. How the flowers bloom so magnificently. We see the beauty. We see what God sees in us. It should be that easy. God sees us as beautiful and perfect yet we argue. The flowers and the trees don't argue. We don't argue with the fact that nature is amazing. Nature is beautiful. So God gives us these little hints. "See, you think this is beautiful so why not think that way about yourself. You are seeing these as the way that I see you. I see you with no flaws and as wonderful, just how I created you. I created you that way for a reason." We still fight.

Yet, He's there. Waiting. Waiting for us to realize the truth. Waiting for us to allow Him to pick us up, to reach out our hand to Him. Simple days like this with a friend make me realize how special I am. How privileged I am to have all this beauty created for me. Created for us. Isn't God wonderful?

2 comments:

James Goudie said...

ahh man, work has corrupted my mind haha. everytime I hear the word special I think of the stupidest song. It all started when people at work said I was crazy and then this song came on and they linked it to me. It is all fun of course, anyway it goes:

I'm special, so special. gotta have some of your attention. give it to me YEAH!

sigh, sorry haha

Miss-buggy said...

hehehe....
that is an interesting song, just not what I mean by special. Oh well, you made me laugh.