Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I am totally and utterly blown away!

First let me start by saying that GOD IS GOOD!!

My old job, which I haven't been at for about a year and a half now, was one that I ended up dreading going to. If you are a regular reader of mine you will remember that I quit there. I was basically given notice that I had one more chance to not screw up and if I messed up I would be fired. Months prior to that my doctor had tried telling me that I had depression. Yes I said the word. Depression. I ignored it, as a matter of fact I think this may be one of the first times I have ever mentioned it to my readers. Then when this happened I went totally downhill. Not going to get into the details cause it doesn't pertain to what I am writing. Just will say that I ended up on a medical leave from work due to stress and then I ended up just quitting and finding a new job.
I didn't think I was liked there. Thought I was an odd ball and that people didn't really like me. I didn't think anyone would notice that I was gone. I worked at Value Village.
Today I went there to find some diaper covers for cloth diapers, yes I am going to try them. I have remained friends with and kept in contact with one person in particular there. She saw me and told me not to go anywhere. I was like, why you going on lunch?
Next thing I know I am getting called to the middle metal doors. When it has been that long since working there I tell you it is weird to hear my name called over the loud speaker. So I go to them. I see all the girls I worked with and got to know over the almost two years I was there step out and hand me a card. What's this? I ask.
I opened it. It was a congratulatory card on the birth of Cooper. Now that shocked me enough. What was inside was enough to almost make me cry. I say almost cause I still haven't cried. I think the adrenaline is pumping still.
My friend knew and saw how times were hard for us. I guess she told the girls. The girls gave me $300 gift certificate to superstore!! $300!!! HOLY CRAP!!! I was and still am totally and utterly blown away. My face went red and I fought the tears. I hugged each one of them.
Walking home I kept praising God. I kept thanking God. MAN IS HE GOOD!! I really don't believe in coincidences anymore. I am sorry but there is no other way to explain it then it being God. WOW!!
Needless to say, I am getting my son food (he starts it soon), food for ourselves. And on a long shot there MIGHT be a car seat there. We'll see.... WOW.
TOTALLY AND UTTERLY BLOWN AWAY!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! It finally got approved!!

Perfect timing!!!

Love you. You are loved.