Monday, June 27, 2005

Lists and Planning

I am the type of person that totally has to have things planned and packed perfectly. When in actuality I know that there really isn't such a thing. Something will always go wrong.
So, my family and a few friends are going camping together this weekend. I leave with Joel on Thursday. I am already almost packed. Wanting to make up the list of things to remember. The kayak, towels. Oh tarps. Firewood. Food. Clothes. The list really does go on. Don't forget the pump for the air mattress and life jackets....
I always over pack but it has come in useful once in a while. Just ask some of my friends. Being a woman too I need to make sure I have a variety of clothes. Got to have two swimsuits (at least). What if the other one is wet when I want to go swimming. No one wants to put on a cold, wet bathing suit. Then the sunscreen. Hats. Rain gear. The list is huge but I bet that I am the most prepared person that you will see at that campsite. So the list is started. So many things left to do.
I was trying to tell Sue how to get there. She looked at me and laughed. She said that it was a few days away and giving her directions this far away is really no point. Yeah she's right. But I get so excited. Every year we try to go camping around the days before my birthday. Sometimes on my birthday. Maybe that is why I felt so confused and frustrated last year. We didn't do anything. I have never been to a restaurant on my birthday but then never been surprised either. Don't like those!! Then again we are always away for my birthday. That is the funnest part. (hehehe....made up a word).
So the lists are started. My husband and friends are shaking their heads. Have so much to do before I go. So little time!!
Hey!! I just realized four days without blogging!! Withdrawals will be happening. Then again I really couldn't think of any other people I would like to spend the weekend with. Having fun, and being together.
I'm so excited!!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh I hope you have the *funnest* time! LOL

I will miss your blogs & comments! But faithfully be waiting here when you come home.

And... really? A kayak? Like a real kayak??? hahahaha

Miss-buggy said...

Yes Nikki it is a real Kayak. It doesn't have the skirt though. It is bright yellow. Looks like a banana. I want to buy a new one one day.