Saturday, March 26, 2005

Craziness...

So if you read Michelle's blog you would know what happened this morning. It was all so crazy!
I went to bed last night with a really sore head. This morning I woke up and it was worse. The right side of my head would get a really sharp pain and then it would go away but then the whole right side of my head would go numb. The left side behind the temple was just killing me. I couldn't move my eye. Usually if it was a headache is would have gone away. Phil was worried so he took me to Mission Memorial. I had to get Andrew at 8 am this morning, so I told him that if he must take me to the hospital it has to be Mission so that I could get Andrew.
My dad passed away of a brain aneurysm (sp?) when I was five and then about 3 years later my uncle got the same ting. Two of my cousins have had it and my grandma had one in her hand. So needless to say they run huge in my family. Phil was worried. I didn't think too much about it. Got to the hospital at 6:30 and by just after 7 I had to phone Michelle and ask her if she would take Andrew until I was done. Thanks Michelle. Then I phoned Carolyn. I felt really bad but they were both very supportive. I thought I would be in and out.
I told the doctor my family history and he was concerned enough to send me back to Abbotsford for a C.T. scan. Then if the scan showed negative he wanted to do a spinal tap just to make sure there wasn't a small aneurysm that was leaking.
The C.T. scan came back negative. So more waiting. They did a spinal tap, which they called a lumbar Puncture. That hurt!! I just kept praying. The fluid in my spine came out clear, which was good. Then they used the fluid to check for menningitis.
I feel so stupid because everything came back negative and I was told that it was a SEVERE migraine. You're telling me!! It was enough though that the doctor's thought something was going on. I just felt so dumb because it was a migraine. I was so sick though. Getting sick, almost passing out, the whole nine yards. Due to my allergy to Penicillin and Morphine there wasn't much that could be used to take away the pain.
Today was very scary for me. Very scary. It's funny how it never truly hit me how scared I was until they started the spinal tap.
Thanks Michelle and Rod for taking Andrew, sorry Carolyn that I couldn't watch him. Thank you for the prayers to anyone that provided.
It was a very crazy day. At least I know I don't have an aneurysm. Although they want me to get a more indepth C.T. scan sometime next week. Thank you God that this wasn't my time yet.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Yup, scary and crazey. Sure glad your alright!! It was no problem, we have fun with Andrew!! Love you lots.

Michelle said...

And it's obvious I can't spell....

lori said...

so glad you're ok! (make sure they give you the migrane triggering food list.) i get ocular migranes in the eyes, and i feel like i'm going blind. totally freaked me out too.

Kaylyn said...

Oh my goodness...I am so glad to hear that you are ok!! Take it easy! Love ya Kaylyn

Miss-buggy said...

I find that now I am asking Michelle a lot more questions than I already do (poor Michelle!)
I remember when she first tried T3's and a gravol. She told me to go and take one of each. FUnny how when you are in the middle of the oain you forget. So I did. It seems to of helped. I am going to the chiropractor tomorrow. It is all getting a little rediculous.