Friday, March 18, 2005

Taking the time...

I have realized that even though I may not know someone that I go to visit, it is ok. I went to visit someone yesterday and I ended up spending an hour and a half or so with her. I didn't even know her. We talked about her, we talked about God and sometimes we just sat there in silence. I braided her hair for her and just took the time to be a friend. I remember the look on her face when I introduced myself. She was shocked that someone who doesn't even know her would care enough to visit. I explained that I was from New Heights. Then she was all excited, I know Susan there. Do you do the sandwich giveaway? I replied yes and she said, that is why I reconized you. Cool.
She told me a lot about herself. She had her bible with her but her glasses weren't with her and she wanted to read it but she couldn't. So I read for her. She asked me to continue. I was searching for some kind of guidance and I phoned a friend to ask. I think it was meant to be that she wasn't able to answer the phone. I sat there and prayed for God to engulf me with the Holy Spirit and direct me the way He wants me to go. I was nervous but I know that He was helping me.
So, I spent some time with someone I didn't know. Now I know her. Now she knows me. We know God. Thank you God for Your help and guidance.

3 comments:

shari said...

That is beautiful Misty! What a wonderful gift you gave to this lady, your time, your heart and a glimpse of God. What a wonderful gift God gave to both of you!!!

Sue said...

You have a wonderful gift Misty of relating to people and making them feel comfortable.

MUD said...

cool